Wednesday, February 11, 2009

emo post! finally!

Time for the classic emo post. Prepare for /rant.

COH selections are coming up this Friday. Everyone's on edge (appalling number of COH-related jokes). But what worries me more is the view that everyone thinks I'm a '2nd choice', a second-best.

Quoth the following:
Justin Foo:" You're just not bright enough."
Ding Hao: "...you're destined to be second best. Ha!" *walks off drinking something*
Russell:" You fail like a Sec 1"
Jon See: *shakes head when I turn up with a sprained ankle**sigh*.

Why am I always the backup guy, the guy who is never the first choice, the guy who never has anything to showcase for himself?

I mean, first I was backup for NPC...

Why does no one think I am in fact capable of more?

Don't get me wrong. Yong Xin and all the NPC people AND the rest of my batch AND most of the Sec 4s AND most of the Sec 1s, them I love. But why am I always the 'filler' guy, the guy who will never really stand out?

Justin: Do I need to accept the numerous invitations for me to do Dramafeste before you think I am smart enough, eloquent enough, confident enough? I turn my lit brain off during trainings to get the job done and not to come across as arrogant. I make people (especially juniors) comfortable by not patronizing them.

I won't just keep quiet and take all you people's crap forever, you know. Same goes to the Sec 3s and 4s who enjoy wildly criticizing juniors and peers. I won't just smile and shrug when you say that I suck and bully me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1st-isnt second best good enuf? ok scrap that.

2nd-justin said that to jonathan see before if im not wrong, and probably to some other juniors

3rd-Russell lives to put others down, from what i see during acitivities (when im allowed to turn my head to look)

4th-jonathan see probably shook his head because he was sad for you not being able to take the test, he's not that kind of person

ultimately this is my main point, if you are the "fill in" guy and you complain, how about people like kwang ik (ie scorch)who wanted to be in the team, reserve or otherwise, but could not? what about people who are not even noticed enough for people to say such things to them? Do you know what happens behind the scenes? do you know whether the sec 4's praise you or not when you are not around? they don't want your head to become bloated, but do not feel under appreciated because of that.
How do you think you got into the team for npc? because of random chance? NO. the sec 4's and probably the teachers saw your attitude and skills. eugene once told someone this: its not like i'll become PL anyway, joshua is in my patrol and i want to remain in panther.

Tat hsiang was also in the reserve, did he complain? is he a backup guy? does his skills suck?
simple answer: no

you are probably surprised to see this comment, but the simple fact is this. there is nothing wrong with being the reserve. as for showcasing things. well there is the mini pioneering competition. and there is the CCa hike companionship (heard from a sec 4)

try not to post such comments again, its not nice (especially abt russells comment). plus it doesnt really help your position.

but u are a good scout and you are not just the second best.