Tuesday, September 29, 2009

songlist 29/9 09

i simply have to redo my songlists!

top10

1) Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by John Mayer- Bitterness epitomised.
'i was the one you always wanted, you were the one i tried to draw, how dare you say it's nothing to me, baby you're the only light i ever saw.'

2) In Your Atmosphere by John Mayer- again, this would be my favourite except for the fact that there aren't too many versions of it (electric, acoustic etc.)
'think i'm gonna stay, gonna stay, in the grey, think i'm gonna stay... and all the streetlights sing nevermind, nevermind, and the canyon lines say nevermind... and the sunset says it sees this all the time...'

3) Winning A Battle, Losing The War by Kings of Convenience- this perfectly sums up my heart.
'even though i'm not her minder, even though she doesn't want me around i am on my feet to find her, on my feet to keep her safe from harm.'

4) I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) by John Mayer- uber cool intro, wonderful lyrics. Win.
'and if my past is any sign of your future' or 'who do you love, girl i see through, through your love'

5) Say by John Mayer- CLASSIC DUH
'have no fear for givin' in, have no fear for givin' over, you better know that in the end, it's better to say too much than never to say what you need to say again'

6) Neon by John Mayer (WTLI Version or alternatively the Eagles' Ballroom funk version)-
Lyrics are pretty good, and the above two versions are simply unsurpassed in skill.
'but it's hard for me to take a stand, when i would take her any way i can'

7) The Buildup by Kings of Convenience- This song brought me through painful times. Sentimental ol' me can't part with it.
'the spinnin' top, made a sound, like the train across the valley; faded, oh so quiet, but constant till it passed'

8) Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova- you should know this.
'i don't know you but i want you even more for that'

9) With You by Chris Brown- I reserve the right to go mainstream once in a while ^^
'you mean to me what i mean to you'

10) Good Love is On The Way by John Mayer- the best pick-me-up song ever.
'i'll be lonely but i know i'll be okay, good love is on the wayyyyy'


(:


No comments: