Thursday, July 2, 2009

china- part one

The beginning of a recollection of my stay in china.
beginnings.

We walked out of the huge airport doors into the sun and my first thought was how dark the place looked. Even in broad daylight, I couldn't help but look around nervously at the taxis that puffed in all directions, thick plumes of black smoke spiralling into the air.

A man suddenly appeared with a signboard, my father's name written on it. We followed him. Apparently he was the chauffeur, 'Ah Leung', that had been assigned to my father. And the car? A sexy new Lexus.

Though the roads in China were rougher than those in Singapore, the Lexus made for a pleasant ride and soon we reached where we as a family were going to stay for the next 2 and a half years. We crossed a bridge and a beautiful island known as Ershadao or came into sight.

TBC. I'm tired.

No comments: